Faaaaallllllll haaaasssss arrrriiiivvvveeed! <~~ That was me singing by the way in case you couldn’t catch that from the ridiculousness that is that first sentence. I love soup, especially in the fall and I have the best chicken tortilla soup you have ever had and I’m totally not even kidding. I’m not gonna brag or anything, but people have requested that I make it. The best part? This Chicken Tortilla soup is super duper easy. I’m talking dump everything in the slow cooker and go.
Coming into cold weather season slow cookers are my best friend. I bought an Instant Pot this summer and it has become my NEW best friend. I won’t go into how much I love this thing and all the different buttons and how I geek out about it. HOWEVER, this thing is the last all in one pot you will literally ever need. I am writing a full review on the Instant Pot but that’s coming another day. In the meantime you can grab one on Amazon by clicking the picture below!
I really like to play around with food and make stuff up as I go. The beautiful thing about this recipe is that you can really make it your own and add in more of your favorite veggies or change the meat out.
Also, with this soup recipe, a great side dish is homemade guacamole and guess what? I have a recipe for that too! Head over to my other post The Best Ever Beef Guacamole Burger.
I hope you all enjoy and Happy Fall!
Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup for Fall
- 32 oz Chicken Broth
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 bag Frozen Veggie Mix (your choice)
- 1 Can of corn
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 2 Cans of Rotel
- 1 Diced Onion
- 1/2 TSP Chili Powder
- 1/2 TSP Garlic Powder
- 2 TBSP Taco Seasoning
- 1 Bundle of Chives
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Set aside chives, chips, cheese and sour cream. Dump the rest of the ingredients in the InstantPot cover and set to slow cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- At the end of 6-8 hours pull the chicken breasts out and shred. Once shredded put back into the soup mix and stir.
- Chop up the chives and top with your favorite taco type toppings.
- Hint – if you like a more brothy, add a cup more chicken broth.