I don’t know about you but in my opinion nothing beats a great burger. This easy beef burger recipe with guacamole will have your mouth watering and you won’t want to share!
Maybe it’s just the good ‘ol fashion American gal in me, but in my opinion nothing beats a good burger. I’m not talking about two thin slices of mystery meat from who knows where slapped together and thrown in a bag, I’m talking about good quality beef patties that are hand patted, seasoned to perfection and cooked in your own iron skillet.
Any of you that have read my other opinionated posts know that my humble opinion is that the key to a healthy lifestyle is balance, not deprivation. Which is why I am writing a post on one of my favorite recipes and that recipe being a *gasp* burger. Yeah, girl. We’re about to make a homemade burger and homemade guac in say ohhhh less than 30 minutes. Let’s GO!
Before you Start!
Full recipe is below but I wanted to go over a couple of things first! First, when making burgers the more fat there is in a burger the more moist the burger will be. However, I do understand that some of you are on a lower fat meal plan whether it be through your doc or personal choice and that’s okay, just adjust the meat you choose according to your dietary needs!
Also, I am a huge proponent of not using a lot of salt in things because there are so many other spices to use that provide awesome flavor. As I post more recipes you will see this in action. ProTip- when buying your seasonings such as garlic or onion powder, double check it’s not ‘garlic salt’. As that will just add unnecessary sodium. 🙂
The Laughing Cow Spreadable Cheese you find in the guac recipe below comes in all flavors so get creative! Click here to see their website of all of the different flavors.
Iron skillets provide excellent heat conduction for cooking as well as good flavor to whatever you’re cooking. The Iron Skillet that I personally have been using for seven years and I absolutely love it is from Lodge and you can actually get it on Amazon by clicking the picture below!
Full Recipe- Don’t forget to Pin for easy access!
- 1 lb whole ground Chuck 80%/20%
- 1/4 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of BBQ Sauce of choice
- 1 TSP Garlic
- 1 TSP Onion Powder (not onion salt)
- 1 TSP Chili Powder
- 1/2 TSP Salt and Pepper
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1/2 cup of Arugula
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 large Ripe Avocados
- 2 wedges of Laughing Cow Asiago spreadable cheese
- 1/4 TSP of Dill
- 1/2 TSP of Garlic
- 1/2 TSP of Onion Powder (or raw onion if you like a heavy onion flavor)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Take iron skillet and put on medium heat with olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl combine the beef, shredded cheese, BBQ sauce, Garlic, Onion Powder, Chili Powder and Salt and Pepper. Mix well with hands making sure the ingredients are fairly evenly spread
- Take a handful of the meat and pat out into a patty just bigger than the circumference of your hand and set onto a clean plate. Repeat this until all meat is patted out.
- Place patties in skillet and cook until middle reaches at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit
- While the burgers are cooking take the avocados, peal and remove the seeds and put into a medium size bowl.
- Add in the spreadable cheese wedges and spices (Dill, Garlic, Onion Powder and Salt and Pepper) and mash until smooth. (hint: sometimes it’s easiest to use a potato masher vs a fork)
- Build your burger as follows – bottom part of bun, cooked burger patty, guacamole, arugula, tomato slices, top bun. Voila! Enjoy!
Overhaul Your Grocery Shopping with this Free Printable
When you subscribe to the Fearlessly Fit 'N Fabulous Newsletter, I will send you a FREE printable that you can use to overhaul your groceries and make choices for the right kinds of foods!