To me, fall and banana bread goes hand in hand. This easy recipe will yield not only amazingly moist banana bread but make your house smell amazing as well for the cooler days.
In my other post DIY Candied Apples for Fall, the opening paragraph talks about how you guys probably think I’ve fallen off of my rocker because I am posting desserts with other goody recipes and such for fall. Well, I promise I haven’t taken a swan dive off of the deep end, I’m trying to teach you girls balance. No, I can’t tell you exactly what to eat and how to eat it. However, something I have learned over the years is that when I am so stressed about counting calories and whether something is fat free is when I tend to not see the results I’m looking for in regards to my body and my over all well being. Listen, I’m NOT saying to eat banana bread for breakfast by itself or eat the whole loaf in one sitting.
Here’s what I’m saying- make good food choices and give yourself room to have a piece of banana bread. Not sure how to make good food choices? or How to Actually Stop Counting Calories During Your Holidays to expand on that topic more.
Who loves bananas? Me! They really are fantastic. I only make Banana bread during one season of the year, fall, because it’s one of my weaknesses. I don’t have self control when it comes to banana bread. I can say no to candy all day long. Banana bread? Give it here, I’m all over that.
I am sharing with you the recipe that I use for banana bread. Pin it, then print it out, love it, sleep with it under your pillow… too far? okay. Enjoy!
Awesomely Moist Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup of shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, & baking soda and set aside
- Gradually mix together sugar to shortening creaming well
- Blend into shortening mix 2 eggs beating well after each then stir in 2 mashed ripe bananas
- Stir in dry ingredients to wet mix blending well
- Mix in nuts (if you choose nuts option)
- Pour batter into 9x5x3 inch pan with a greased bottom
- Bake for 60-70 min until knife inserted in middle comes out clean
*Be Sure to Pin for Later!